Meet the people who are creating new jobs and opportunities in both commercial and public ventures. They’re coming together from 5:30-8:30 p.m. on March 7 for an open house at the Center for Cooperative Media, an initiative of Montclair State University’s newly expanded School of Communication and Media. The event is free, and we’re even providing dinner—well, sandwiches, veggies and desert.
In addition to hearing about the New Jersey chapter of the Society of Professional Journalists, here’s the line-up of VIPs you’ll get to meet:
- Merrill Brown, new director of the School of Communication and Media at Montclair State and founding editor-in-chief of MSNBC.com.
- Mike Schneider, Anchorman and Managing Editor of NJ Today, the nightly newscast of NJTV.
- Bob Males, Executive Producer of NJ Today.
- Debbie Galant, Director of the NJ News Commons, founder of Baristanet, NJ’s first hyper-local news website & co-founder of Hack Jersey. Debbie is also a former columnist for The New York Times.
- Thurston Briscoe, VP of Programming and Production / WBGO Jazz 88.3FM & wbgo.org.
- Nicholas Tzanis, Director of Broadcast & Digital Media Facilities, Montclair State University. He supervises the new studios for NJ Public Radio, WBGO, NJTV and WMSC.
- The people running the new resources that the Society of Professional Journalists is offering in the Garden State. This includes the Job Bank, Annual Contest and Regional Conference as well as the new Documentary Group and the upcoming White Paper.