The award-winning Jewish Community Voice of Southern New Jersey, an agency of the Jewish Federation, seeks a creative Assistant Editor for our biweekly newspaper, website and social media, and other publications. We are looking for someone who cares about the community and has excellent communication skills.
- Cover community events when asked by the editor and prepare feature stories as requested by the editor. Meet all required deadlines.
- Edit press releases and wire service stories.
- Be responsible for obtaining and editing copy for Voice supplements as well as Voice at the Shore.
- Be responsible for monitoring and obtaining content for Voice website, blogs, and social media platforms.
- Help prepare Voice promotional materials.
- Attend Voice and Federation meetings as requested by the editor.
- Fill in while the editor is on vacation.
- The position of Voice Assistant Editor requires that the individual work well with advertising, production, and administrative staff.
- Assist the editor as required to complete Voice tasks.
- Strong understanding of social media and SEO strategy to grow new audiences
- Ability to recognize discrepancies/errors in written information, including the ability to initiate and respond to work errors in a professional manner, working collaboratively and cooperatively with others
- Copy Editing
- Excellent Writing skills
- Long Range Planning
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Ability to Multi-Task
- Meet Deadlines
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications, or related field
- Journalism: 3 to 5 years (Preferred)
- Editing: 3 years or more (Preferred)
As an exempt, full-time professional, the Voice Assistant Editor will be required to work as needed, including attending meetings and covering events during the evening and on weekends. Currently, the person in this position will work remotely until our office opens. EOE